[mythtv-users] Playback hangs system

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Dec 14 13:02:13 UTC 2008

Leonard Bottleman wrote:
> Basically when either playing back a recording or watching tv live,
> the system will hang, and hang tight such that nothing is responsive
> (nothing from keyboard or mouse input, and the system no longer responds
> to pings). It takes a hardware reset to clear the problem.

Sounds like a hardware issues.  Run memtest86 on it to eliminate
possibile bad memory, verify your heatsink/fan for the cpu is mounted
properly, make sure you haven't dropped any screws in the bottom of the
case, that makes contact with the bottom of the board (I've been bitten
on this one more then once).

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: