[mythtv-users] vdpau failure

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Thu Dec 4 04:05:31 UTC 2008

Hello,

I bought an nVidia 8400GS (256M) with the intention of experimenting
with VDPAU.  I have compiled the mythtv trunk with --enable-vdpau.  It
all starts okay.  I am using the 180.11 release of the nVidia driver.

When I use the 'mythtv' command to play a 720p recording (which plays
fine with my -fixes 'production' setup) I get wonderful audio but the
video is simply a screen filled with a big green rectangle.  If it helps
here is the output when using the 'mythtv' command:

  http://sethd.org/myth/mythtv.out.log

I also used mythfrontend.  I went to 'Watch TV' and I get the same
result.  Here is the log generated (with -v all) when I did this:

  http://sethd.org/myth/frontend.log

All recordings were captured using an HDhomerun, OTA, here in the USA.

I looked through the above logs and I didn't see anything that stood out
and said 'here is the problem'.

FWIW, when I first got this card about 2 weeks ago I compiled the
mplayer + vdpau patch provided by nVidia and I had the exact same issue
(green screen + sound).  So I'm thinking it's either a driver issue or
hardware issue.  However, I post this thinking that *perhaps* someone
can spot something I am doing wrong.

I'll likely post something to the nvnews.net site also.

Thanks.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org