[mythtv-users] Mythplugins trunk compile errors after upgrade from Fedora 9 to 10

OJ olejl77 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 12:28:03 UTC 2008

2008/12/3 R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>:

>  > Can anyone explain for me why only qt-3.3 stuff is passed to the
>  > compiler when compiling plugins. Shouldn't something
>  > /usr/include/Qt.... be there also?
>  >

> OOOPS!
>
> The following should refer to /usr/lib/qt4/bin NOT /usr/bin.
>
> My bad..
>
> Geoff
>
> In addition to explicitly adding the includes as in my other post, you
> might check that you are using the qt4 qmake.
>
> Find qmake in /usr/bin, rename it and do
>
> ln -s /usr/bin/qmake-qt4 /usr/bin/qmake
>

> This SHOULD already be done, but...YMMV.
>

> --
> --
>         Please let me know if anything I say offends you.
>          I may wish to offend you again in the future.
>
>          Tux says: "Be regular. Eat cron flakes."

Thanks for all your input. I have managed to solve it now. my problem
was that all the "sub" Makefiles contained references to qt3. Probably
because I forgot to specify it the first time when I ran
'./configure'.

To solve it I had to run './configure --qmake=qmake-qt4'. After that
'make qmake_all' to regenerate all the Makefiles. 'make distclean &&
make' did not take care of that.

(I see now that I probably should have used 'make all' after the
distclean, but... well... I didn't.)