[mythtv-users] Schedule mythfilldatabase

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Tue Dec 2 14:21:43 UTC 2008

Hokay, so.

  I am having some trouble with mythfilldatabase.   Long story short:
it's process intensive and disrupts regular TV viewing.  It should be
running at downtime.. and I've been waking the system up at 2am to run..
but it doesn't.  So, I changed the configuration to run between 2am and
3am, and ignored running at the recommended time.

I checked my logs, and it still didn't run at 2am.  Looking for some
suggestions. I know I could just cron it.. but I'd rather keep it inside
of myth.

When my myth boots, it will shut down after 10 minutes of idle.

Thanks,

Jason