[mythtv-users] HDHR Quick tune not working

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:49:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> says:
> > I have been in correspondence with Silicon Dust about the KQED ATSC
> > issue.  They say I should enable Quick Tune and that will cure the
> > problem.
>
> I can confirm that this indeed does solve the issue. This does not fix
> the underlying issue in the HDHomeRun that caused the issue in the
> first place, of course, or (more importantly) the
> kills-all-video-in-mythfrontend bug that this issue revealed.
>
> > I set Quick Tune to "Always" but apparently myth is still not using
> > quick tune.
>
> Did you restart mythbackend?
>
> > Silicon Dust says I should issue this command "hdhomerun_config
> > FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program" while the program is being recorded
> > and the returned value should not be "0".
>
> I see "1" or "3."
>
> --
> Frontend:               P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
> Backend:                Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6
> Video inputs:           Four high-definition over FireWire/OTA
> Accessories:            47" 1080p LCD, 5.1 digital, and MX-600

Thank you for your reply.  I though the backend restarted after being
configured but had not reset the machine so was hopeful your suggestion
would work.  I restarted the backend yesterday so re-ran the experiment.  I
still get 0 and the programs still don't work:

dad at myth_desktop:~$ hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get
/tuner0/program
0

What version of mythtv are you running?

Do you know the mythweb setting for quicktune?

Allen