[mythtv-users] HDHR Quick tune not working

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Aug 31 08:11:34 UTC 2008

Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> says:
> I have been in correspondence with Silicon Dust about the KQED ATSC
> issue.  They say I should enable Quick Tune and that will cure the
> problem.

I can confirm that this indeed does solve the issue. This does not fix
the underlying issue in the HDHomeRun that caused the issue in the
first place, of course, or (more importantly) the
kills-all-video-in-mythfrontend bug that this issue revealed.

> I set Quick Tune to "Always" but apparently myth is still not using
> quick tune.

Did you restart mythbackend?

> Silicon Dust says I should issue this command "hdhomerun_config
> FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program" while the program is being recorded
> and the returned value should not be "0".

I see "1" or "3."

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array