[mythtv-users] Nvidia GeForce 6200 DVI + component at same time?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:42:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Marc Christensen <comments at mecworks.com>wrote:

> [snip]
> >
> > I used to have a 6200 connected to dual monitors with no problem.  One
> > VGA and one Component.  Not sure if the other monitor being DVI will
> > make a difference.
> >
> > Mitchell
>
> Are you cloning the output to both displays?  Also, are you running at
> an HD resolution like 720p, 1080i, etc?  Thanks for your help!
>
> --
> Marc Christensen

Hi Marc,

You didn't ask me but my 6200 is hooked up to dual monitors as I said.  One
is DVI 720p and the other goes to a TV S-Video but I also sometimes run a
CRT at 1024x768.  I will send my xorg.conf file if you want but as I said
before, just don't let someone talk you into twinview.  It works great with
each desktop by itself.  If you want to run myth on the non primary desktop,
just click the mouse on the desktop and select mythfrontend.  At least that
is what I do on mythbuntu 8.04.  Mostly I just disconnect the higher ranked
outputs and let X put myth on the output I want.

I used to work for a guy who worked for a Marc Christensen.  Perhaps that
was you?

Allen