[mythtv-users] Nvidia GeForce 6200 DVI + component at same time?

Marc Christensen comments at mecworks.com
Fri Aug 29 17:04:37 UTC 2008

Allen Edwards wrote:
[snip]

> Hi Marc,
>
> You didn't ask me but my 6200 is hooked up to dual monitors as I said.
> One is DVI 720p and the other goes to a TV S-Video but I also sometimes
> run a CRT at 1024x768.  I will send my xorg.conf file if you want but as
> I said before, just don't let someone talk you into twinview.  It works
> great with each desktop by itself.  If you want to run myth on the non
> primary desktop, just click the mouse on the desktop and select
> mythfrontend.  At least that is what I do on mythbuntu 8.04.  Mostly I
> just disconnect the higher ranked outputs and let X put myth on the
> output I want.
>
> I used to work for a guy who worked for a Marc Christensen.  Perhaps
> that was you?

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your input.  All I want to do is clone the displays, both at
720p and have the same thing displayed on both monitors.  I have heard
that Twinview sucks performance-wise.  Is it possible to clone the
display not using Twinview?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the Marc Christensen two levels removed from you
- I've never taken a management position (yet).  Thanks for asking though.

--
Marc Christensen
http://blog.mecworks.com