[mythtv-users] UPNP connectivity issues

emarkert at aim.com emarkert at aim.com
Fri Aug 29 00:31:45 UTC 2008

Last week my cable modem fried resulting in a number of problems - it was a "fun" day.

I run Simply Mepis 7 with Myth and it had been, and is still mostly, running like a champ, and I was able to use my PS3 to connect to my Myth box.? However, after the network problem this isn't working as smoothly as before.?

What happens, and it just did again, is I turn on my PS3 and go into the video menu.? Normally, my Myth box is already listed, but now nothing.? Searching for a media server returns no servers.? Only after I stop and start my mythbackend does the PS3 find it, and without having to do a search.

I've checked the IPs and everything is set, and I don't have to change anything to get it to work - just restart the process.

Any ideas what can be causing this?? IP addresses are the same DHCP leased IPs as before.? Why would restarting the mythbackend process get it working?

Thanks.