[mythtv-users] Shutdown right before recording is to begin

Paul Fleischer paul at xpg.dk
Sun Aug 31 21:06:36 UTC 2008

2008/8/29 Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com>:

> 2008/8/28 Paul Fleischer <paul at xpg.dk>
> Hello!
[snap]

Hi, Thanks for the quick answer.

[snip]

> What do you have the 'Max wait for recording' setting set to? This should be
> a larger value than the 'Start before rec' value. I've got mine set to wake
> up about 12 minutes before a recording (incase ubuntu does it's random
> chkdsk), but 'Max wait for recording' is set to 15 minutes.

That makes sense. My settings are:

Idle Shutdown timeout is set to 350 sec.
Max wait for recording is set to 5 minutes
Start before record is set to 125 sec.

I have now set 'Max wait for recording' to 10 minutes, in order to
have it bigger than the 'idle shutdown timeout'. I suspect that this
is what was causing trouble. Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,
Paul