[mythtv-users] external tuner board with up to 6 DVB tuners

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 23 12:26:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 08:02 -0400, Mark wrote:
> bastard mail wrote:
> >
> > In addition there is another nice PCI board (extension HD linux) with
> > a h.264 decoder chip and HDMI output. But it's currently not support X
> > only framebuffer.
>
> This looks REALLY interesting for a lightweight HD frontend.  They say
> it's open source software...  how much does it cost I wonder?
> I couldn't find any US retailers.  Seems to be a german product.

Hmm, I was just browsing through the UK support forum. It seems they
should not supply this board to end users. It it supposedly available
only for OEMs (although it looks like you can just order it). .

I looked at the reel products before a few times but was always put back
by the state of their software. It has come a long way, but I think it
will make a nice hobby project :)

Jurgen