[mythtv-users] DVR Capability

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:42:43 UTC 2008

I work at our local police service and our station was hit with
lightning last week. It knocked out alot of our equipment including
our DVR for the interview room.

I was thinking of building a mythbox that will allow me to record from
a video camera.

One feature myth has is the integrated burn to dvd function. That is a
nice feature.

Has anyone else attempted something like this before?

All I need to be able to do is create a manual recording with a time
and date stamp, from a video source such as composite in, which I
think I can do from a PVR 250 card.

I only need to be able to record this input, and then I would be able
to sort it by time and date. Then I could pick an interview and record
it to dvd with mythburn.

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom