[mythtv-users] Freeview UK channel number chaos after rescan

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Aug 19 17:57:30 UTC 2008

Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>> I suspect that my old setup had got a bit outdated so I don't really
>> want to revert to the old database, but I'd like to have the channels
>> back in the conventional order - preferably without manual editing, one
>> channel at a time, in mythtvsetup.  Does anyone have a better solution?
>
> I rescanned recently and ended up with a duplicate channel entry for BBC
> World Service (I generally do a transport rescan on MythTV every time my TV
> rescans, so my database was probably much more up-to-date). I just went into
> mysql and edited the old entry for World Service such that the serviceid and
> mplexid matched those of the new channel entry (which I then deleted).
>
> If one cared enough, I'm sure one could write a SQL script which would
> automate the process...
>
>> John Pilkington
>
> HTH,
> Alex.

Thanks for the reply, Alex.  In fact using the channel editor in
mythtvsetup was very quick once I had found a list with the numbers I
wanted - and the EPG is back to normal.  But this isn't going to go away
and STB users are being urged on some forums  never, ever to rescan.

I had done a complete rescan on two cards, so the old db wasn't live.
Still had two entries for the World Service, only one of which worked.

John