[mythtv-users] How do I install latest fixes?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Aug 19 16:12:18 UTC 2008

I am fighting a problem that several others have but one person does
not.  The person without the problem says he is using version 18116
and I am using 16838.  I wanted to get a newer version.  I looked at
the wiki and it said to check out SVN for 2.1 fixes.  I followed the
link and
I saw this:

Welcome to the MythTV Trac server ¶

Stable: If you'd like to get the 0.21 stable branch, do this:

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-21-fixes/

so I did that.

A long time later, it announced that I had version 18179 "checked out"

I then ran mythfrontend --version and it says my version is still 16838

I have restarted the machine and still have 16838.

I looked at the FAQ and they have a "Management Summary"  Sounded good
as I used to be a manager and recognize the term.  I guess I need the
CEO summary as I have no idea what they were talking about.

Can someone help me upgrade to the fixes version so I see if this
problem has been fixed?

Allen