[mythtv-users] Cleaning phantom tuners from DB

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 12 23:06:40 UTC 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade wrote:

> Apparently I dorked around enough when I first set up my myth system
> that I have a couple "phantom" tuners somewhere in the database.
>
> My active tuners are labeled "1" and "2" in various places in the
> frontend interface and the mythweb interface. Whenever I go into
> mythtv-setup, and exit, it tells me that "non-existent tuner "0" is
> set to channel 2, do you want to fix this?"
>
> I've been telling it "no, I know what I'm doing", and things are
> working, but how do I clean this up?  I'd like to surgically remove
> anything pertaining to tuner "0".  If it would make things happier,
> I'd like to remove all the 0 stuff, and then update the db so that 1 -
>> 0 and then 2 -> 1, so the DB looks like it was set up right the
> first time.

Delete all tuners on all backends and re-create them. That will drop/
recreate the table and reset the cardinality correctly and although it
sounds drastic, it doesn't take that long to set up the cards and
assign input connections again. Remember to set them up in order of
priority too so your "best" card(s) are used before your "not as good"
card(s).

-Brad