[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300, Internal PCI Analogue/ Digital TV card

Steven Mulvay steven.mulvay at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Aug 11 10:01:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,
Can anyone confirm or deny the compatibility of the Hauppauge
WinTV-HVR-1300 Internal PCI Analogue/ Digital TV card with Linux and
MythTV? Would Linux be able to use it's hardware MPEG -2 encoder for
analogue TV? Is it's remote control compatible?

Here is the card's web page:
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr1300.html

Computer info:
Distro: Sidux (which is very closely based off Debian Sid)
Mythtv version: 0.21 SVN
Kernel: 2.6.25-9.slh.1-686-sidux (I haven't upgraded the kernel in
ages, so there probably is a kernel upgrade available if need be)

I have the afore mentioned TV card on back order with Ascent. Now that
I know that Ascent does not always issue a full refund I thought I
would ask you guys about the card, and if need be cancel my order
before the card is shipped.

Cheers,
Steve :)