[mythtv-users] Ordering of DVB cards as on bootup

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 01:45:36 UTC 2008

On 27/04/2008, Stephen Hocking <stephen.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have 2 DVICO Dual Digital 4 cards and a Winfast DTV1000. The DTV1000
>  is attached to one aerial and the DVICOs to another. I have a problem
>  where the device attached to the Winfast moves around on bootup i.e.
>  one time it's /dev/dvb/adapter1, the next /dev/dvb/adapter4 and so
>  forth. I'm running under Ubuntu 7.10 - what sort of modprobe trickery
>  in /etc/modeprobe.d should I use to fix the Winfast card to a distinct
>  device in /dev/dvb?

If you the Winfast driver does not support control of the DVB minor
number (which adapterX you get on boot), you want a udev rule instead.
Detailed information can be found here -
http://reactivated.net/udevrules.php - but search the MythTV list and
wiki in case there are any working rules already posted.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/