[mythtv-users] Ordering of DVB cards as on bootup

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 23:20:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have 2 DVICO Dual Digital 4 cards and a Winfast DTV1000. The DTV1000
is attached to one aerial and the DVICOs to another. I have a problem
where the device attached to the Winfast moves around on bootup i.e.
one time it's /dev/dvb/adapter1, the next /dev/dvb/adapter4 and so
forth. I'm running under Ubuntu 7.10 - what sort of modprobe trickery
in /etc/modeprobe.d should I use to fix the Winfast card to a distinct
device in /dev/dvb?

    Stephen