[mythtv-users] Mythgame advice for non-gamer

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 24 18:25:56 UTC 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> OK, I don't play computer games.  But I have kids who do; mostly flash
> games but they're moving.
>
> Right now the game they want is a off-road car race or horse race.
>
> So...  Assume that I am moderately computer literate but totally game
> ignorant.
>
> What's my best bet for getting these kids to play a game with myth?
> I'm
> looking for non-violent racing games.  What image / etc should I get
> make everything work?

IMHO the best thing you could do for the kids is to keep them away
from anything even resembling a video game.

But assuming you can't, for a  Linux system you might try Tux Racer.
Why do you need it to work with Myth? I don't know anything about
MythGame but I assume anything that runs Linux native should be easy
to get running on a Myth system.

Looking through the "Help Wanted" ads in my local paper, I find no ads
with requirements like "Must be able to play WoW", or "Must be able to
get to level 30 of ET" :-)

beww