[mythtv-users] Issues initializing firewire tuner

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Apr 24 04:02:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 20:01 -0400, Harry Devine wrote:
>  I can't be the only one
> who's trying to use a Firewire connection to their STB, can I?

No, but I think the problem here is that there is no "one size fits all"
solution to firewire issues. It depends on what kernel version you have,
what Myth version you have, what type of STB you have, possibly even
what type of firewire card you have. In short, firewire tuners are
flaky. I could never get it to work with FC5, no matter what I tried.
But since upgrading to F8, now it works. I haven't done anything
different, it just works now (although I haven't completed the job of
integrating it into Myth yet since that will require the tedious
procedure of going through all the channels to see which ones are
available on firewire).

--Greg