[mythtv-users] OT: Hauppauge HD-PVR ships May 1

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Wed Apr 23 01:12:27 UTC 2008

On Wed,

> It is H.264, at least all samples I have seen. Do you still have the
> filename of that sample? Is it still somewhere available? I'll look
> tomorrow which sample I've tested. Your error descroiption sound like
> the artifacts for spatial direct mode with interlaced frames. That
> might or might not be fixed in latest fmmpeg svn.

the latest SVN of ffmpeg/mplayer still has problems with H264 with
spartial direct (quite a number of artifacts), but gets alot closer.

a NZer has upgraded mythtv 0.21-FIXES which should help alot with NZ and
other places with this type of video, but I am just awaiting on getting
a copy of it to try myself.

Thanks