[mythtv-users] delay and repeat in lircrc is ineffective

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 22 12:14:38 UTC 2008

As you can see from your irw output, the problem is solely that the
repeats aren't actually being sent as repeats, but as separate
presses. You can rule out anything to do with mythtv or lircrc. This
is purely a lircd.conf issue.

First suggestion is to try creating your own lircd.conf file. You said
you did that and that it didn't work. Are you absolutely positive that
you put it in the correct location, and lirc wasn't using your old
file. Go in and edit the file to change the name of one of the keys
(ex: change Play to PlayX), restart lircd and run irw. Press the key
and make sure you see the altered name.

Assuming that you are running off the new lircdfile and that still
doesn't fix it, what you then will need to do is tweak the lircd.conf
file (make a backup copy before you edit it). At one point in time, I
was having the opposite problem as you. When I pressed the button 2
distinct times (even a 1/2 second apart) the second press was
sometimes appearing as a repeat. In lircd.conf I modified the gap
parameter. Decreasing it solved my problem, so you'll want to do the
opposite and increase it. You may need to change it by quite a bit. In
my case, I had to cut it in half (from over 200000 down to 100000) in
order to achieve the desired result.

--
Ron