[mythtv-users] delay and repeat in lircrc is ineffective

John and Holly Klug j.h.klug at gmx.net
Tue Apr 22 02:11:13 UTC 2008

I have the SoundGraph iMON PAD from a fairly recent Silverstone cabinet:
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller

I am suspicious that the remote for iMON PAD may have changed, because I
was told that the drivers that came with my cabinet for Windows would
not work, and I had to download new drivers from Silverstone's web site
when I bought the unit.

Everything works great, but all of the keys but the arrows result in
double keystrokes.

Setting delay and repeat in .mythtv/lircrc makes no difference.  I know
the file is working, because changing a button works.  I am using the
Gentoo lirc with the imon_pad2keys flag set.

For instance hitting <m> (menu) during playback causes the menu to
flash.  <Esc> pulls you back 2 levels, and <Enter> sends you in two levels.

I noticed when IR repeat keys occur in most postings I have seen on the
internet, it appears that the repeat keys are serialized in irw output.
I don't know where this is documented.

Only Up, Down, Left, and Right, are serialized on my system, and they
are the only keys that work correctly during use.  I have repeat=3 set
for up/down/left/right.  I have tried repeat=2 and repeat=3 for the
other keys.

Even setting a delay of 100 and a repeat of 100 has no affect for the
other keys.

Here is a sample irw output:

000000002b8515b7 00 MyMovie iMON-PAD
000000002b8515b7 00 MyMovie iMON-PAD
00000000299195b7 00 MyMusic iMON-PAD
00000000299195b7 00 MyMusic iMON-PAD
000000002ba115b7 00 MyPhoto iMON-PAD
000000002ba115b7 00 MyPhoto iMON-PAD
0000000028a515b7 00 MyTv iMON-PAD
0000000028a515b7 00 MyTv iMON-PAD
00000000688291b7 00 Down iMON-PAD
00000000688291b7 01 Down iMON-PAD
00000000690281b7 00 Up iMON-PAD
00000000690281b7 01 Up iMON-PAD
00000000688a81b7 00 Right iMON-PAD
00000000688a81b7 01 Right iMON-PAD
00000000288195b7 00 AppExit iMON-PAD
00000000288195b7 00 AppExit iMON-PAD

My /etc/lircd.conf was included in the Gentoo installation package for
my device.

Any ideas on how to track this down further?

I have tried using irrecord to make my own lircd.conf, and get the same
results.