[mythtv-users] Status of MythTV support for multirec on HDHR?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Mon Apr 21 11:10:44 UTC 2008

William Munson wrote:
>The hdhr is not like a DVB card. The only interface is plain ascii. The
>only way to add support for multirec would be to get the manufacturer to
>rewrite the firmware and thats not likely. Suggested path: Buy another
>hdhr or two.

It took me a while to find this, but this is from a discussion on the
silicondust forums.  I think it has since aged and been deleted, but
I found it in a google cache.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:VlLv-C7QbYkJ:https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D4759%26view%3Dprevious%26sid%3Dabbf0103a9c90e14684e00e7acc10323+%22write+the+code%22+mythtv+hdhomerun&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

Specific points:

>The HDHomeRun supports arbitrary PID filters - no problem streaming multiple sub-channels at once.

>There is no technical reason why it wouldn't work, the HDHR supports it, we just need someone to write the code!

Also, the following is from the mythtv wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Multirec

>The HDHomeRun external tuner is capable of supporting multirec,
>but the current version of the MythTV patch does not yet support it with that hardware.

I just wish to know what I could do to support an effort to bring
mulltirec support for the HDHR to MythTV, except for writing the code
which is simply beyond my abilities.