[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Paul Fine pfine at comcast.net
Thu Apr 17 17:10:56 UTC 2008

A question about AppleTV.  Perhaps the answer is obvious, but my
searching did not yield a clear answer.

I am still in SD mode, and I probably will be for a while.  My goal is
to get my MythTV BE out of my living room.  My TV is SD and has
composite, component and S-video inputs.  The AppleTV has component
output, so at first I assumed that I could use it with my SD TV, but
some of the verbage on the AppleTV spec page (
http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html ) made me give it a second look.
It does not seems to list 480i as a supported mode and it says it is
"Compatible with enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen TVs ..."

Would I be able to use this as a MythTV FE using my SD TV's component
inputs?  Would it work?