[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Tue Apr 15 21:02:36 UTC 2008

>Is it possible to dual boot the standard ATV software and linux?  I'd
>like to be able to switch easily.  I didn't really see the answer on
>the wiki.

http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/AlternatePartitioning1

This is a dual boot setup on the internal drive that uses a USB pen
drive to bootstrap Linux. Remove the pen drive and reboot back to the
AppleTV OS. This is the setup I use for my mainline disk.

atv-bootloader could boot a real mach_kernel but I have not done any
development to enabled that. I know how to do it, just been busy
refining the various Linux/Myth installs.

Scott