[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:49:06 UTC 2008

On 4/15/08, Scott D. Davilla <davilla at 4pi.com> wrote:

> Update:
>
> If you have test clips of video content or settings that you would
> like me to try on the AppleTV under MythTV on Linux, email me
> directly and I will try them out and post the results to the
> atv-bootloader wiki.
>
> That way, you can "try" before you "buy" to see if MythTV under Linux
> on the AppleTV will fit your needs.

Scott - my biggest worry is how 'responsive' the frontend is on the ATV.  I
remember when I used to use a XBOX a few years ago, I gave up because it was
dog slow switching between things or after menu presses even though it
played things just fine.

Is the ATV quick running myth under linux (with things like menus, program
guide)?  Or does the limited memory make for delays - I vaguely remember
someone reporting that soon after the ATV was launched - but that could have
been running under OSX?

I use a Mac Mini for one of my frontends and its awesome. If the ATV is
anywhere near as good, I'd like to take out an old laptop that's doing
service on another frontend and drop in an ATV.

THnx,
Nick