[mythtv-users] grub error 15 on new Knoppmyth install

BinCrawler bincrawler at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:53:13 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----

> Now, when I go through the Knoppmyth install process, all goes well
> until the first boot, when I get a "grub error 15" message. I have
> searched high and low, seen some things about editing grub.conf to
> select the correct drive/partition, but I can't even find that on the
> drive (which I can mount after booting with a Knoppix or Knoppmyth
> CD). BTW, I just installed MythDora (to see if that would work) and it
> boots fine. I have a 250 GB drive, and I did see some stuff on the
> Internet about LBA being enabled in the BIOS, and it is.
>
> Can any Knoppmyth folks help with this problem? The quickest way for
> me to get back up and running would be to use the config I already
> have backed up. I can do a new setup but I would rather avoid it.

1. boot up the KnoppMyth disk to the setup screen
2. press Alt F2 to goto another screen
3. mount your Linux partition to /mnt
4. chroot to newly mounted partition
            chroot /mnt
5. modify your lilo.conf file
            vi /etc/lilo.conf
6. make sure the partitions are correct
7. execute lilo
           lilo
8. reboot
9. issue should be fixed.

I had this problem when I tried to install on my second hard disk and the
lilo command was not setup during normal install.

BinCrawler.

Checked by AVG.
4:59 PM