[mythtv-users] wiimote for web browsing and mythtv?

JP Fournier jape41 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 13:01:04 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Google didn't help, so I'm hoping someone here might.

After much gnashing of teeth, I have gotten my wiimote working
reasonably well in either myth _or_ for web browsing, but I'd like to do
both.

For web browsing with a regular browser, I feel I need left and right
mouse buttons.  Kvkbd works well for virtual keyboard input.

As far as I can tell, myth's "Edit Keys" plugin won't let me map mouse
buttons to something like space/enter.  Is this correct?

Since the wiimote only has 11 buttons, I'd rather not have to lose 2
"mouse buttons" when using myth.

I can do something hacky by writing a script to move my wiimote button
mapping files around depending on what I am doing, but this would
require reconnecting the wiimote whenever I change contexts, which would
be less than ideal.

Any better ideas?

regards,

jp