[mythtv-users] Support for HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control channel)

Greg Brackley lists-mythtv-users at lucidsolutions.co.nz
Mon Apr 14 02:10:18 UTC 2008

Is there much interest, or support planned for HDMI CEC with MythTV? It would be useful if my display (which claims to support CEC) magically switched to the MythTV HDMI input when I started using it.

I understand that I will need a graphics card/motherboard with a HDMI port, as a DVI (to HDMI) solution lacks the CEC signaling. What hardware do people recommend for this? Do the NVidia/ATI drivers support CEC. Can this be scripted (say from LIRC)?

Greg.

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Consumer_Electronics_Control_channel