[mythtv-users] Tuner confusion in slave backend

Andrew Roazen Andrew.Roazen at nau.edu
Sun Apr 13 19:49:52 UTC 2008

Both the master backend and the slave backend have Hauppauge PVR-150s in
them.

The MBE is in the living room. The SBE is in the bedroom. The intention
was to create a system where the SBE's tuner could either be used to
watch live TV in the bedroom, or have it make possible watching live TV
in the living room while recording another program.

The problem is that the MBE doesn't properly distinguish the cards. If I
tune live TV on the SBE, it actually uses the MBE's card. I can't help
notice that every tutorial for setting up an SBE has a completely
different type of card in the SBE, as if Myth isn't capable of telling
identical cards in separate machines.

Is there something I'm missing to get both the MBE/SBE to manage this?
I've deleted both cards and reinstalled them and nothing seems to work.