[mythtv-users] LCD HDTV recommendations (that are Myth friendly)...

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Apr 11 14:59:41 UTC 2008

>  Also, I meant to mention that my Aquos has a serial port, which you
>  can use to change channel & adjust the volume.
>
>  I don't think it allows you access to _every_ function of the TV -
>  for instance, I don't think it'll wake it from standby, so you need
>  to use the remote's "on" button

Actually, my 64U series will wake from poweroff via serial. The trick
is that there are 2 power settings you can use via the serial port.
One has the code POWR, and it will allow you to turn the TV on and
off. There is another code. I don't remember what it is...maybe RSPW
(respond to power) or something. Basically, this is the feature that
enables or disables the ability to power on from the off state via
serial port. So what you may have to do is turn the TV on manually,
send the RSPW1___ command (or whatever the code is, and the ___ is 3
spaces), then you can use the POWR0___ and POWR1___ to turn it off and
back on.

Might not work for your model, but thats how it is on mine.

--
Ron