[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox Plugin

Dan Gravell dan.gravell at talk21.com
Wed Apr 9 14:09:14 UTC 2008

32 bit Xubuntu.

Yeah, forgot about the licensing stuff. I thought I
read the other day that it is ok to distribute their
code so long as it is in source form? If this is
correct, could it not be a case of packaging their
source with the MythTV integration with a script that
does all the compiling (dependencies assumed, of
course)?

Regarding the "beefing up" of the CLI and hence less
need for the SD code... the crux of my suggestion and
what I was wondering was whether the UI could be
directly implanted within the QT widgets in MythTV,
hence saving a lot of effort. Writing our own UI has
always been a possibility, as the CLI and SlimProto
has existed for a long time, but given people are busy
I thought this may be an expedient answer. I
understand the UI is built in something called Lua, or
that's the runtime... or something ;)

Marc - granted on the emulator/dev use case :) Point
is though, it's not really an appropriate UI in most
other use cases (at least, I don't think so).

Dan