[mythtv-users] Best distribution for FireWire and MythTV?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Apr 9 01:14:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 20:51 -0400, Marc Barrett wrote:
> (according
> to the MythTV wiki, the "new firewire subsystem" that Fedora
> uses is incompatible with MythTV)

I use Fedora 8 with MythTV and the firewire seems to work well, although
since it didn't work at all under the old FC5 system, I wasn't using it
and I haven't fully integrated it into my Myth setup yet. I do plan to
though, because both ESPN and ESPN2 are available via firewire, but not
to my HDHomerun. There may turn out to be a few other channels like that
as well.

The "new" firewire system may have been the one with F7, where they
completely redid the firewire stack and broke everything.

--Greg