[mythtv-users] A/V Receivers & MythTv

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:54:59 UTC 2008

with the recent release of MythTv .21 and in an effort to help our
flagging economy ;)  i'm in the process of upgrading my entire
'entertainment center'.  one of the big components i'll be upgrading
is my A/V Receiver.  at the moment, the Denon 3808CI is the front
runner.  i'm just curious to see what other Mythers use and why.  i
haven't found a receiver yet that will take input/commands via any
input aside from the remote.  the Denon has an RJ45 ethernet jack on
it, as do other receivers; has anyone been able to get their receiver
to change sound fields, presets, volume, etc. via RJ45?  it would be
quite cool to use LIRC/Myth to control the whole ball of wax.

--
Andrew Close