[mythtv-users] Deleting recordings from playlist does not work when file is missing

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:17:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

My hard disk dies a few weeks ago and I was looking for a nice way to
remove old recordings from the database.

Mike Dean told me to add all recordings to the playlist and in the
playlist's menu choose "Delete". But that does not work. It works only
if recording's file exist.

Than I started again using "DELETED group" instead of instant delete
right after clicking on "Delete" button. This also partially solved
the problem with deleting old non-existent recordings because Myth
moved them all to "Deleted" group.

These old recordings will probably never get deleted from "Deleted"
... or not? I prefer using instant delete because I often copy some
other files on the same disk and I like to know how much space I
really have.

Is this a bug? Should Delete in the playlist's menu also delete
recordings which do not have files any more? Or am I maybe only one
who gets this error?

Thanks.