[mythtv-users] Nothing recorded from DVB-T

cal cal at graggrag.com
Sat Apr 5 11:57:08 UTC 2008

Andreas Bach Aaen wrote:
> Lørdag den 5. April 2008 skrev cal:
>> Andreas Bach Aaen wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> So nothing is recorded. LiveTV doesn't work. The output
>>> in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log seem ok:
>>> [...]
>>> The database thinks that the tv program is recorded, but it
>>> simply misses the file when you try to replay it.
>>>
>>> I have tried to remove the dvb-t card from the configuration and
>>> add it again. It still doesn't work.
>
> And the DVB-T hardware and the kernel driver do work!
>
>>> Any ideas where I should look for this configuration bug?
>> I don't have any answers yet, but you're not alone. My main system
>> is similarly afflicted.
>
> Ok. Could you try to describe your problem in details?  that might
> give us a clue together.
> How do I raise the log level of the backend?
Depends on where/how mythbackend gets started. Wherever it is, it'll
set the mythbackend log level a la "--verbose important,nodatabase".
When things get really desperate, a brief run with "--verbose all,
nodatabase" can sometimes be helpful. Sometimes not.

> Do you run a Debian system too?
debian testing, home built myth.

> Could it be a library that mythtv links against the I had upgraded?
Possible, but I'd be surprised.

> I had mythtv 0.21 working for about a week with multirec and all and
> then it suddenly didn't wanted to store anything in /var/lib/mythtv
> any longer.
On re-reading you OP, I realised my problem is subtly different to yours.
For me, live tv was ok, scheduled recordings were not. The fact that _all_
your records fail is interesting. The obvious question - is the var
partition full?