[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR: Photos and link to pre-order

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:26:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Jeff Clark <jeff at vacantcanvas.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> >  > Matt Emmott wrote:
> >  >> Looks like it finally exists. I'll be pre-ordering soon!
> >  >>
> >  >> http://brentevans.blogspot.com/2008/04/hauppauge-hd-pvr-photos.html
> >  >>

> > > I will be interested to see if it has Linux support
> >
> >  Oh, good. I didn't think anyone here would be interested in that. I
> hope
> >  they're ready for the onslaught of pre-orders.
> >

> So would this take the place of a mythbox or work with one?

At the very lowest end, it could supplement a mythbox by serving as a
pseudo-slave back end, recording stuff and then dumping it into the mythtv
system in a number of ways.  That's without assuming it's got any kind of
firewire support and you just use an IR blaster and some scripts to tell it
when to record what, and then scheduling it to play back into your system.
If there's any kind of decent support for transferring the files off of it,
there's a lot more potential.  I'm not seeing a firewire port or ethernet
jack though.

Ry