[mythtv-users] pcHDTV-5500 reception versus WinTV-HVR-1800?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:24:15 UTC 2008

Well, I have a CM4228 antenna with a CM7777 pre-amp. I can't get much
better. What I don't understand is why my MythTV box gets a bad MPEG
stream while my television plays just fine. If I look at the
mythfrontend log I see a lot of ac-tex and bad mb frame errors while
watching live tv.

It looks like the HVR-1600 uses a decoder chip released in 2004 while
the HVR-1800 uses one released in 2007. Maybe there is an improvement
in picture quality? But those are the decoder chips. Would they be
more important than the tuner chips?

Thank you for the input. I will certainly skip the HVR-1600. I'm still
curious about the 1800, though.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/