[mythtv-users] pcHDTV-5500 reception versus WinTV-HVR-1800?

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:00:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I have a CM4228 antenna with a CM7777 pre-amp. I can't get much
>  better. What I don't understand is why my MythTV box gets a bad MPEG
>  stream while my television plays just fine. If I look at the
>  mythfrontend log I see a lot of ac-tex and bad mb frame errors while
>  watching live tv.

One thing you could try is using the latest drivers from the
linux-v4l2 repositories.  They're constantly improving things, the
ones that ship with the kernel tend to be pretty old.  I'm about 30
miles from the transmitters but in a very urban area so my signal
seems to be pretty good for most channels except NBC.  I have a 4
bow-tie style UHF antenna.  Could your splitter be bad?  Perhaps you
need to try the feed out of the 5500 on your TV and see if isn't just
a bad cable.