[mythtv-users] copying dvds to an iso file

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:48:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:11 AM, David Durham, Jr.
<david.durham.jr at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Actually, the wiki indicates something about if you want an iso file,
>  you only have to select one title.  Presumably that means I get an ISO
>  of the entire DVD.  Is that decrypted?

No, if you make an iso file of a DVD, that is a bit-for-bit copy of
the entire dvd, including encryption and everything. In Linux / unix
you can do this with 'dd'.
If you want to rip the titles off the dvd and decrypt them, you might
use a tool like vobcopy: http://freshmeat.net/projects/vobcopy/

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen