[mythtv-users] copying dvds to an iso file

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 22:11:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:03 PM, David Durham, Jr.
<david.durham.jr at gmail.com> wrote:
>  1.  Just copy the whole thing to .iso including menus.  I see that
>  myth now supports playback of isos including menus and whatnot. This
>  is awesome, of course.

Actually, the wiki indicates something about if you want an iso file,
you only have to select one title.  Presumably that means I get an ISO
of the entire DVD.  Is that decrypted?

>  2. To expedite the process, it would be nice to be able to just put a
>  DVD in the tray, close the tray, have myth rip it down to the iso, and
>  pop open the tray for me to repeat the process.

So this is still an open issue for me.

-Dave

p.s. putting a ps on a reply to my own question just for the comedy of it