[mythtv-users] OS X Frontend

Jeff Clark jeff at vacantcanvas.com
Wed Apr 2 20:24:36 UTC 2008

I download one of the frontends listed on the mythtv wiki.

I start any of them.  *IF* they decide to start, they pop up with "no
upnp backends found" or "cannot connect to database?".  I'm not
entirely sure what causes each of these occurrences.

I'm sure I have my knoppmyth backend up and running, and even
occassionally did a restart of the backend just to make really-really
sure.  I have changed "localhost" to the actual IP address of the box
in setup.

Does anyone have any pointers on getting the Mac frontend to work
correctly (especially on a MacBook Pro)?  Has anyone got it up and
running before?

Jeff