[mythtv-users] mythvideo & multiple directories

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 17:21:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:03 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> Sometime later I volunteered to make mythvideo work with storage
> groups and part of that would make the per-directory folders optional.
> After an initial burst of activity I'm having trouble finding time to
> finish it but it'll probably surface within a month or two.
>
> - George

Excellent!  I had this exact same problem, and was actually
considering using a LVM.  I didn't want to have two different
directories for the same kind of media.  Storage groups would be
great, but I also want to be able to store my videos in a hierarchy.
I want "Music Videos", "Home Movies", "TV Shows", etc... and
regardless of what hard drive they reside on, I could logically place
them in those containers.  Not sure if that would be possible via meta
data or what.

Thanks!
Matt