[mythtv-users] blootube theme in 0.21 [was: database size]

Frank Lynch frank.lynch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 17:14:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Frank Lynch <frank.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
> >  Sure enough all is looking well this morning. I'm starting to quite
> like
> > 0.21 already, many thanks to all involved. I am seriously missing the
> > blootube-wide theme tho. :-(
> >
> > cheers,
> > --Frank

> It might be in x11-themes/mythtv-themes-extra...I believe the 0.21
> version of that was just added to portage the other day.

I'm on ubuntu gutsy but I'll take a look in any case.

I found a couple of threads about juski.co.uk & www.mythtvthemes.co.uk going
offline. I'd like to thank Justin for his contributions over the last number
of years. I love these thems.

I also read that  the themes themselves were licensed under GPL or
CreativeCommons so that begs a couple of questions:
1. Has anyone stepped up & started maintaining these themes?
2. Given that justins sites are now down where can I grab the *latest*
versions of these themes.

I'm thinking that it would probably make sense to just create a google code
project for these themes, then anyone with the time or inclination could
contribute patches?
I'm no themer (is that even a word?) or graphic artist but if there is just
a few odd glitches I'd have a crack at trying to fix 'em. I'm sure there are
a few other myth users like myself out there. So what do you think does
anyone have the latest blootube(-wide) & glass themes that we can slap into
svn over at a google code project?
cheers,
--Frank