[mythtv-users] MythTV backup

David Segall david at segall.net
Wed Apr 2 13:57:49 UTC 2008

Yesterday I thought I might have lost all my MythTV data. Fortunately,
the fix was simple but it made me wonder how I could protect my set up
from catastrophic failure.

Operating a redundant fall back computer seems like overkill for this
application but I don't see any other solution to ensuring that MythTV
satisfies the SOAF [1] factor.

How do you ensure that your fried MythTV can be restored in time for the
nightly news and you have not lost the latest episode of the unmissable
series that screened last night when you were out?

--
David

[1] SOAF = Significant Other Acceptance Factor. Clearly, GAF and WAF are
sexist so I thought of using PAF for Partner Acceptance Factor but that
  did not cover the MythTV geeks who are living with their aged parents.