[mythtv-users] database size

Frank Lynch frank.lynch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:53:45 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,
I've been running mythtv happily for a couple of years, tonight I decided to
upgrade to 0.21 & migrate from Fedora Core 4 to ubuntu gutsy. All appears to
be going well at the moment.
However during the process I backedup my db & noticed that its a whopping
2.2GB!
Is this normal?
I have recently noticed that mysql was consuming quite a bit of cpu time
(even occasionally causing hd playback to stutter - its a combined
frontent/backend single-box setup). I was hoping that the move off FC4 to
Gutsy might help, but now I'm starting to wonder about the sheer size of the
db. Has anyone encountered an issue like this before? Is there any way to
reduce or prune the mythconverg db a little?
cheers,
--Frank