[mythtv-users] Would this video card work for HD content?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Apr 1 13:49:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 09:43:17PM -0400, Peter A. Daly wrote:
> You could save yourself a boatload of cash by getting a lower end DVI
> only card and a $10 DVI to HDMI converter cable.
>
> I don't have HD.  Someone please confirm.

...I do this very sort of thing with my minimac.

This idea works reasonably well for either svideo or HDMI.

[deletia]

    I had originally intended to use the RGB port on my HD TV
but it turns out that it doesn't support any of the wide
screen resolutions and doesn't support the native resolution
of the panel (through the RGB port).