[mythtv-users] Would this video card work for HD content?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:26:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Peter A. Daly <petedaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could save yourself a boatload of cash by getting a lower end DVI
>  only card and a $10 DVI to HDMI converter cable.
>
>  I don't have HD.  Someone please confirm.
>
>  -Pete
>  MythPVR.com
>

>  On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Brian Wallen <bwallen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking to upgrade my frontend/backend machine to handle HD. Would
>  >  this card work well enough? Would its HDMI port also output audio?
>  >  What is the preferred method of outputting HD content in Myth?
>  >
>  >  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261002

correct, except for your top posting ;-)

the faster card will help with the new OpenGL overlay method in 0.21,
but I wouldn't get it for that, it still doesn't do much useful.

it will also help if your using ProjectM visualization for music, but
again, not worth the extra money spent.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!