[mythtv-users] The Death of MythTV in the US?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Apr 1 13:45:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 06:22:33PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
[deletia]
> I also suspect the DRM and other "security" measures are mandated by
> the program suppliers, and if the cable operators had their way they
> would simply run a wire into the home and be done with it.
>
> Of course the line between the cable operators and the program
> suppliers is getting very blurry, but there are still factions within
> those monstrous corporations.

    You've hit on an interesting point. At a certain level, you can
treat the content creation and content delivery portions of the same
company as different companies entirely. Each have competing interests.
Both will likely not want to suffer a disadvantage for the sake of the
other one. This could have interesting side effects.